Re: [GENERAL] Transaction logging

От jim@reptiles.org (Jim Mercer)
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Transaction logging
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> This is a great idea.  I have not been successful in tracking any
> information on syslog.  Any suggestions on where I might find some good
> documentation on syslog?
>
>     Just a quick thought, but how about using syslog? That can be used
> to post queries to a remote server, and it can be told to store the
> "postgres" stuff to a seperate file on that server.

i don't know that syslog is robust enough for what you want.

i don't think it has any error checking to verify that a message was
received, etc.

most BSD's and linux would have good refernce ports of syslogd, etc.

--
[ Jim Mercer    Reptilian Research      jim@reptiles.org   +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ The telephone, for those of you who  have forgotten, was a commonly used ]