Re: [HACKERS] strange behaviour on pooled alloc (fwd)

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] strange behaviour on pooled alloc (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Jan Wieck wrote:
> >
> >     I have modified ExecutorStart() so it makes it's private copy
> >     of the actual  QuerySnapshot  in  it's  own  executor  memory
> >     context. Could you please comment if what is in QuerySnapshot
> >     at the time of ExecutorStart() get's or should  get  modified
> >     anywhere  during  the  execution of a plan. The name snapshot
> >     tells me NOT. But you're the one to judge.
>
> You're correct. Alternativly, we could use some refcount
> in Snapshot structure...

    As  it  is  now,  the snapshot data exists in the same memory
    context as the execution state which isn't free'd  explicitly
    (auto  done  on AllocSetReset() when memory context dies). No
    need to add another bookkeeping that's hard to track.

    So pooled memory allocation is done now.

Jan