Re: [HACKERS] CVS log for a specific tag

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CVS log for a specific tag
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce asked:

> I am working on doing the HISTORY file for the 6.4.1 release.
>
> I can't figure out how to generate a cvs log for only the REL6_4 cvs
> tree.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do it?

#!/bin/sh

egrep -e '/[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.2\.[0-9]+/' `find . -name Entries -print` |  \
        grep '[^:]*CVS/Entries:' |                                      \
        sed -e 's/\(Entries:\/[^\/]*\).*/\1/' |                         \
        sed -e 's/CVS\/Entries:\///' |                                  \
while read f ; do
    cvs log -rREL6_4: $f
done

    Use  this  script  in the working directory where you checked
    out the REL6_4 branch. I depends on the fact that every file,
    touched  in that branch, has a 2 in it's third element of the
    revision number.

    The egrep-sed party just selects  all  file  names  from  the
    CVS/Entries  which  have  such a revision number. Then cvs is
    called for each to print out the log from REL6_4 to the  last
    revision in the branch.

    Make sure there is no blank between -r and REL6_4: on the cvs
    log call, or the  called  rlog  will  misinterpret  it  as  a
    filename and print out the complete logging for the trunk.

Jan