Re: [HACKERS] cvs problem

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] cvs problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
It's  very  interesting.  I've used gdb -core with one of the
    core files on the server. It happens in rcs.c:935, there  are
    sanity  checks  that  the  pointer is valid. I can't find the
    cvs-1.9.27 sources on hub.org, so I grabbed my  private  copy
    local.

    It  happend while cvs parses the head of psql.c,v (the rcsbuf
    contains just the first portion of that file). The file looks
    O.K.  for  me, and an rlog is happy with it, so I don't think
    the repository file is corrupt.

    But it's really funny. The char *ptr is set from  rcsbuf->ptr
    2  lines  above.  The  values  in rcsbuf look O.K. (gdb print
    *rcsbuf), but ptr definitely is wrong. I cannot  imagine  how
    this happens.

    Marc,  could  you take a look at it and eventually upgrade to
    cvs-1.10 on hub.org?

    BTW: I removed most of the read lock files in  pgsql/bin/psql
    (after  being  sure  they  are  dead  ones).  But the problem
    remains.

Jan