Re: [HACKERS] A small problem with the new inet and cidr types

От darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] A small problem with the new inet and cidr types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thus spake The Hermit Hacker
> > Huh.  You have a backend crash fix, and we can't apply it until after
> > 6.4 is out the door?
>
>     D'Arcy is going to release a patch for the fix on the same day as
> the release, as it is something that only affects a very small aspect of
> the server, and will affect very few ppl...

Not so sure about that, Marc.  It is, however, easy to work around.  You
just have to set NOT NULL for any inet or cidr type but I already have
a use for null ip numbers.  That's how I found the problem.

Of course, it's such a new type that I'm sure it won't be heavily used for
a little while anyway.

I just had another thought.  Do any other types exhibit this problem?
I think I'll go check enhance a few regression tests.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] A small problem with the new inet and cidr types
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] A small problem with the new inet and cidr types