Re: [SQL] Joining bug????

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [SQL] Joining bug????
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> >     But  it's  interesting.  I'll  do some tests on it and try to
> >     find out whether parsing of complicated WHERE clauses is that
> >     costly  that  it  can be the reason. Seems the rule system is
> >     quicker than the parser :-)
> >
> What kind of speed increases are people seeing in their queries?
> I've actually never created a view in PostgreSQL (say he with head hung
> low).

    Used  a  view that is a join of 5 tables. There is absolutely
    no difference between using the view or the equivalent select
    from the tables directly in what -s prints as times.

    There   must  be  something  else  that  causes  the  speedup
    reported.  Maybe another ordering in the qualifications  when
    using  the  view.   The  view  qual's  are  added last to the
    original queries qual. Putting them the other  way  round  in
    the query might produce another join order.

Jan

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: