Re: [HACKERS] Did the inet type get backed out?

От darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Did the inet type get backed out?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thus spake Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
> darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
> > But it worked before.  In fact it still works on another system with
> > an earlier compile.
>
> "Works" for me, using a cvs update from yesterday morning (the morning
> after the BETA 2 freeze), modulo the fact that someone committed
> changes to #ifdef out ("#ifdef BAD") all the calls to the actual inet
> parser routines, effectively causing all data to be rejected.  Since

That's odd.  I know that Bruce #ifdef'd out the core of the _new_
functions I sent in but I didn't realize that he took the existing
ones out too.

> we had an implementation that actually worked, and the changes that we
> wanted to make were compatible with currently stored data, it would
> have been smarter to leave it working until the changes were ready to
> be committed.  It's better to be able to keep testing something that
> doesn't have all the wanted functionality than to disable it until an
> unknown time in the future!  :-)

Yes, I agree.  Bruce, can we put the inet_in and inet_out functions
back the way they were?

However, I have put all the code back in locally for testing so that
isn't why mine isn't working.  I'll try with today's sup.