Re: [HACKERS] Re: PL/PgSQL discussion

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: PL/PgSQL discussion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:

> And another thing:
>
> Does'nt the Oracle PL/SQL have both input and input/output parameters ?
>
> It's more than a year since i last used it but I think that this is the case.

    Right,  they  have.  But  PostgreSQL  doesn't and so PL/pgSQL
    can't.  PL/pgSQL cannot do any thing that  a  C  function  in
    PostgreSQL cannot do. The PL handler is written in C and that
    is what the executor calls instead of the compiled  function.
    From  the  backends point of view, a PL handler is just one C
    function with a bunch of personalities.

Jan