Re: [HACKERS] suspected problem with cache updates

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] suspected problem with cache updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Darren wrote:

> > > I've noticed recently that after making certain changes to the
> > > database (adding indices, attributes) they aren't immediately known
> > > about.  for example, I add an attribute, then try to update that
> > > attribute it tells me it doesn't exist.  if I exist psql and start a
> > > new connection all is well.  but it doesn't happen consistently..
> > >

> >     Looks like problems in the syscache/catcache invalidation
> >     routines.
> >

> This existed in an older version, but I could almost swear that someone
> fixed it.

    I  fixed  something  there  lately when it came to pg_shadow,
    where the required update  on  pg_class  during  revoke/grant
    just  outdated  the  syscache  tuple  for  pg_shadow, but the
    permission checking code needed that.

    But this problem looks  different.  This  time  the  pg_class
    tuple  for a user table is updated where that table had to be
    flushed from the relcache and reopened. Cannot reproduce  the
    error  here.   If  I  alter  table  add  field,  they show up
    immediately in the same session.

> Bruce, do you have old versions of the TODO lists around to check on
> this one?  I specifically remember the part about adding an attribute
> and it not being there until the next session.
>
> darrenk

Jan