Re: AW: [HACKERS] Begin statement again

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: AW: [HACKERS] Begin statement again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas wrote:

> I think we should depreciate the BEGIN/END keywords in SQL to allow them
> to be used for the new PL/SQL. So definitely leave them out of ecpg now.
> Only accept BEGIN WORK and BEGIN TRANSACTION. (do a sequence of commit work; begin work)
> BTW.: why is a transaction always open ? A lot of programs would never need a
> transaction. Is it because of cursors ?

    BEGIN/END  in  PL/SQL and PL/pgSQL doesn't mean transactions!
    It's just to group statements to a block. You  cannot  commit
    something inside a PostgreSQL function. All changes made by a
    function are covered by the  statements  transaction  or  the
    upper transaction block.

Jan

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Begin statement again
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Begin statement again