Re: Bad interaction between databases

От darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Тема Re: Bad interaction between databases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Previously I said:
> From darcy Wed Mar  4 09:52:23 1998
> I can't seem to duplicate this but it happened once and I thought I
> would mention it in case anyone else has seen it as well.  I have a
> table for one user and another for myself.  Both tables have a table
> called _key.  After creating the second database (I had to destroy and
> create it a few times) I looked at the first one and found that the data
> in it matched the new one.  I was able to drop that table and recreate
> it without affecting the new one.  Very strange.

It got more serious.  After playing with the second database for a
while I managed to trash the first one altogether.  I had to destroy
it and reload from a backup dump.  I have never seen these problems
with PostgreSQL until I created a second database and accessed it as
a different user.  I have multiple database on my other system with
no problem but I access all of them as myself, at least as far as
creating, dropping and renaming schema goes.  There is some strange
interaction happening here.  I'm afraid I don't know where to start
looking for this.
BTW, this is on NetBSD 1.3.