Re: AW: [HACKERS] Solution to the pg_user passwd problem !?? (c)

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: AW: [HACKERS] Solution to the pg_user passwd problem !?? (c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > > The command
> > > copy pg_user to stdout;
> > >
> > > will also show the cleartext password and I think it is hard to do a rewrite
> > > here,
> > > since this would also affect the pg_dump ?
> > >
> > > * Teardrops keep falling on my head ... *  :-(
> >
> > It was brilliant, even if it doesn't fully solve the problem.
>
>    It solves enough of the problem for v6.3's release...I still think
> its important to get it so that a 'grant select' can be imposed on a view
> that looks at a table that as a 'revoke all' on it...this would fix the
> problem cleanly, and completely...
>
>    Then you could do a 'copy all_users to stdout;' vs a 'copy
> pg_users to stdout;'

    Copy  on  a view doesn't return anything! I think it's in the
    coding of the copy command - as far as I  remember  the  copy
    directly  accesses  the table bypassing the rule system.  But
    the table underlying the view is empty  and  the  values  are
    faked into the view via the rewrite rule system.

    The  'grant  select'  on  views  is  a  IMHO  urgent required
    feature.  I'll take a look on the code  checking  permissions
    and the rewrite system.

Jan