Re: AW: [HACKERS] Solution to the pg_user passwd problem !?? (c)

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: AW: [HACKERS] Solution to the pg_user passwd problem !?? (c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas wrote:

> Okay    :-(
>
> But: I think this is an error in the rewrite system. I think this query
> should get rewritten !
> Can we fix this ?
>
> > > Can all of you try to crack this ?
> >
> >     Cracked!
> >
> >     create table get_passwds (usename name, passwd text);
> >     insert into get_passwds select usename, passwd from pg_user;
> >     select * from get_passwds;
> >     usename|passwd
> >     -------+------
> >     pgsql  |
> >     wieck  |test
> >     (2 rows)

    Right  -  it's  an  error in the rewrite system. The retrieve
    (SELECT) rule rewriting is only done if the  command  in  the
    query  is  a  SELECT.  But  this  time it's an INSERT and the
    rewrite system only looks for rules on  the  result  relation
    (as  far  as I understood the coding). It doesn't process the
    complete rangetable and no rewriting is done at all.

    As a side effect it is also impossible to

    INSERT INTO tab SELECT anything FROM view;

    And this should really get fixed. I'll take a deep breath and
    then a look at it. But that will take some time.

Until later, Jan