Re: pg_ctlcluster is not stopping cluster

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: pg_ctlcluster is not stopping cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thorsten Glaser <tg@evolvis.org> writes:

> On Fri, 7 Apr 2023, Telium Technical Support wrote:
>
>>Notice: extra pg_ctl/postgres options given, bypassing systemctl for stop
>
>>it might be 13.  Coincidentally, there is a postmaster.pid file in a
>>directory OTHER than the data directory:
>>
>>/var/lib/postgresql/15/main/postmaster.pid
>>
>>(and notice the 15). Is this a clue?
>
> Maybe the pidfile is written into the cluster version-based directory
> instead of the data directory. Best figure out what exactly writes the
> pidfile, whether systemd is used for starting (which would of course be

Some distros in their wrapper foo, I believe including Debian use this
setting to put a PID file under /var/run/postgresql IIRC but YMMV...

external_pid_file (string)

 Specifies the name of an additional process-ID (PID) file that the
 server should create for use by server administration programs. This
 parameter can only be set at server start.