Re: Postgres as key/value store

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Postgres as key/value store
Дата
Список pgsql-general
snacktime wrote on 28.09.2014 01:48:
> I'm looking for some feedback on the design I'm using for a basic key/value storage using postgres.

Are you aware of Postgres' "native" key/value store: hstore?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/hstore.html

Or Postgres JSON support?

Especially the new JSONB in the upcoming 9.4 release which makes indexing JSON documents much eaasier/faster.

I would expect both solutions to be much faster than your entity-attribute-value design.

Thomas