Re: PostgreSQL presentation at LSM

От Jean-Louis Leroy
Тема Re: PostgreSQL presentation at LSM
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Jean-Michel POURE <jm.poure@freesurf.fr> writes:

> pgAdmin3 and PhpPgAdmin3 are also fitted for a public presentation of
> "PostgreSQL management tools". How many people could attend a workshop? I
> prefer public presentations if possible.

You're probably right about this; from what I've seen in the previous
editions, workshops gather smaller audiences than lectures - probably
because they compete with other theme's lectures, which are usually
very interesting too. Fact is, sometimes nobody turns up.

If you plan to attend the 11th anyway, perhaps you could give a little
tour, which could during a one-hour workshop, preceded by an
introduction. After the Pg lecture(s) on the 9th I would mention the
possibility of a workshop. If you have a good command of the tools,
perhaps exisiting documentation, and you have demo'ed them a couple of
times or have a good idea of what you'd put in a demo, then you can
probably improvise a nice little workshop, answer people's questions,
etc. But please don't spend the same kind of effort on LSM's workshops
as you would on a lecture.
--
Jean-Louis Leroy
Sound Object Logic