Re: Performance improvement proposal. Removal of toLowerCase calls.

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Performance improvement proposal. Removal of toLowerCase calls.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote on 16.01.2014 20:51:

>  Are you sure ? This is in the resultset, so any column names should have come back from the db.
>  Which means that they should come back in lower case anyway.
>
>        create table foo
>        (
>          "ID" integer,
>          "Bar" varchar
>        );
>
>        select *
>        from foo;
>
>     Should return ID and Bar as the column names.
>

> Exactly! While I haven't actually tested the code. The lines that Jeremy is referring to would seem to suggest that
>the return columns would be id and bar.
>
> Does anyone have time to test this ?

The current driver returns this correctly for a ResultSet.

Here is a "transcript" from running my application on the console
(easier to copy & paste than a screenshot)

SQL Workbench/J console interface started.
Enter 'exit' to quit.
Enter 'WbHelp' for a list of SQL Workbench/J specific commands
Config directory: C:\Projects\sqlworkbench\conf

SQL> wbconnect {Postgres}/WbTest;
Connection to "User=thomas, Schema=public, URL=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/wbtest" successful

thomas@wbtest/public> create table foo ("ID" integer, "Bar" varchar, "FoBaR" varchar);
Table 'foo' created
thomas@wbtest/public> insert into foo values (1, 'foo', 'bar');
INSERT executed successfully
1 row affected
thomas@wbtest/public> select * from foo;
ID | Bar | FoBaR
  1 | foo | bar

(1 Row)
SELECT executed successfully
thomas@wbtest/public>

All the various API calls in DatabaseMetaData do return identifiers in the correct case as well.

Сообщение: Re: Performance improvement proposal. Removal of toLowerCase calls.
Сообщение: Re: Performance improvement proposal. Removal of toLowerCase calls.