Re: Performance improvement proposal. Removal of toLowerCase calls.

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Performance improvement proposal. Removal of toLowerCase calls.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> Are you sure ? This is in the resultset, so any column names should have come back from the db.
> Which means that they should come back in lower case anyway.

   create table foo
   (
     "ID" integer,
     "Bar" varchar
   );

   select *
   from foo;

Should return ID and Bar as the column names.

Danap probably also referred to the column names that are returned through getTableColumns() or getIndexColumns() or
anyother API call that returns information about tables, columns or other identifiers. I do the same thing in SQL
Workbench/J:check the returned column names whether they are upper, lower or mixed case in order to know whether
generatedSQL statements (e.g. an update resulting from editing the data) need to quote the column names or not.

Thomas

Сообщение: Re: Performance improvement proposal. Removal of toLowerCase calls.
Сообщение: Re: Performance improvement proposal. Removal of toLowerCase calls.