Re: Consistent file-level backup of pg data directory

От Ivan Voras
Тема Re: Consistent file-level backup of pg data directory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/01/2014 16:09, gator_ml@yahoo.de wrote:

> For machines running database systems, this means, this means,
> that I need some way to get a consistent state of some point in
> time. It does not particularly matter, which time exactly (in

> Unfortunately, it does not look like there is any direct way to
> accomplish this with postgres except shutting down the whole
> database system while the backup is running. The systems will

You could use a file system which supports snapshots (I don't know which
Linux FS's do, I've read that LVM can be used to simulate those) to get
an exact point-in-time backup which will use the database's usual
resilience to be stable enough for restoring.

Вложения