Re: standbycheck was:(Re: [HACKERS] testing hot standby

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: standbycheck was:(Re: [HACKERS] testing hot standby
Дата
Re: standbycheck was:(Re: [HACKERS] testing hot standby  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 7:22 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 02:45 -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
>> <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > How many of the tests in the regular regression suite do anything useful
>> > when run against a standby server? They all have to set up a bunch of
>> > objects before they run queries, so you just get a lot of errors
>> > complaining that you can't do X in standby mode, followed by errors
>> > about missing objects. That doesn't sound very useful.
>> >

>> granted. what i'm looking for is a way of continually see that the
>> standby will return consistent values and yes, i want to be sure that
>> we disallow everything that we need to...
>>
>> maybe just a new set of tests? maybe i just should make the hs_* tests
>> use regression's database tables intead of the ones it is using?
>
> The existing standbycheck does statically test for all the things that
> should be allowed and all the things that should be disallowed. If its
> missing some, please say.

maybe we should be using the tables that exists in the regression
database or adding hs_setup_primary in installcheck to prepare the
regression database to run standbycheck in the standby server

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova

Сообщение: Re: standbycheck was:(Re: [HACKERS] testing hot standby
Сообщение: Re: standbycheck was:(Re: [HACKERS] testing hot standby