Re: Backup with Java

От Marc Herbert
Тема Re: Backup with Java
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Patric Bechtel <bechtel@ipcon.de> writes:

> Marc Herbert schrieb am 30.11.2006 12:03:
>> Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
>>
>>> I'd strongly suggest you exec pg_dump from the command line using
>>> System.exec and connect to the remote database. This is certainly re-
>>> inventing a non-trivial wheel.
>>
>> We have implemented this, with a couple of additional checks
>>
>> We also interested by alternatives approaches.

> But I just checked the link above, and it's still native.

Yes, that's why I tried to say by quoting.

Sorry if you misunderstood it; I probably should have removed the
"reinventing" sentence.

By the way a (the?) major issue with programming against pg_dump is
that it may prompt for a password in an unpredictable way. There is no
--never-prompt-but-IMMEDIATLY-fail-instead option.