Re: commit problem

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: commit problem
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
John R Pierce wrote on 25.10.2012 22:12:
> my Java developers are telling me, the recent JDBC drivers are
> throwing an exception if they inadvertantly issue a commit() on an
> autocommit connection.

Just for the record:

Apparently there is no consensus on this behaviour (even though it's clearly required according to the JDBC specs)

MySQL, the jTDS driver for SQL Server and Firebird also throw an exeption in that case.

The Microsoft driver, DB2, Derby, h2 and HSQLDB do not throw an exception just like the Oracle driver.