Re: Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Jonathan S. Katz, 06.08.2012 20:56:
>> We're going with a 2-part theme: Performance/Scalability, and
>> JSON. Among other things, this means leaving a major feature (Range
>> Types) out of the release announcement.   However, I couldn't find
>> a way to make range types fit with a general theme, *and* they are
>> hard to explain to reporters and analysts (despite the fact that
>> this is the one 9.2 feature I personally am already using).
>
> I was planning to mention range types in a quote that I was going to
> submit.  I think they are too important to leave out.  In many ways,
> it would be better to promote the range type functionality  in this
> release than JSON

I second that.

I too find the range types more important than a somewhat unfinished
JSON support (In my opinion it's missing indexing and access functions
to make it really usable)

> "PostgreSQL now supports range data types, which allow developers to
> quickly find overlapping series of data, useful for booking and
> reservation systems."

I like that.

Сообщение: Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release
Сообщение: Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release