Re: Result Set over Network Question

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Result Set over Network Question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Robert Klemme, 07.05.2012 15:44:
>>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/sql-developer/overview/index.html
>>
>> SQL Developer does not support PostgreSQL
>
> Last time I checked (quite a while ago) you could use arbitrary JDBC
> drivers.  There's also
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25259_01/appdev.31/e24285/intro.htm#sthref306
>
> And this seems to indicate that it's still the case: "[...] or another
> third-party driver. [...]
> JDBC URL (Other Third Party Driver): URL for connecting directly from
> Java to the database; overrides any other connection type
> specification."
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25259_01/appdev.31/e24285/dialogs.htm#BACDGCIA
>
> I assume Oracle is not interested in aggressively advertizing this
> feature though.

That seems to be a documentation bug.
I tried it, and it definitely does not work (or I am missing something).

Their release notes at:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/sql-developer/sqldev31-ea-relnotes-487612.html

state:

Third Party Databases

     SQL Developer supports IBM DB2 UDB LUW , Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access, MySQL, Sybase Adaptive Server
andTeradata.
     See Supported Platforms for details on all third party database releases supported.

Regards
Thomas

Сообщение: Re: Result Set over Network Question
Сообщение: Re: Result Set over Network Question