Re: Current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Marcin Mirosław wrote on 30.12.2011 12:07:

>>> That option is called MySQL with MyISAM tables.
>>>
>> Not true.
>>
>> Oracle and others (I believe at least DB2) behave such that you can
>> insert a bunch of rows and if one or more throw a constraint violation,
>> the transaction can still be committed persisting those that do not
>> violate the constraint.
>
> Hi,
> isn't this option:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-set-constraints.html ?
> Regards

Not that's something different.
It would still prevent comitting the transaction if the constraint check fails at the end.

This strict transaction concept is somewhat irritating when you come from other DBMS (such as Oracle or DB2).
Using savepoints is the only option to "simulate" that behaviour in PostgreSQL (and then the constraints need to be
immediate)

Thomas

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: