Re: pgadmin string data output...

От boris
Тема Re: pgadmin string data output...
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 09/20/2011 03:13 AM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 21:27 -0400, boris wrote:
>> hi all,
>> I guess , this is very basic question, but I don't see any options to
>> fix it.
>> why when I do select , strings in "data output" are in quotes and
>> parenthesis?
>>
>> How do I turn it off? I would like to see plain data...
>>

> Do you mean when you copy and paste the result? in that case, each
> columns' value could be between quotes. But the parenthesis, I have no
> idea.
>
> So, is it when you copy and paste the results? or is it in the results
> grid?

it's in the results grid.
data looks like:

(aaaa)
(bbb)
("aaa bbb")
("aaa ccc")

In the morning I found the reason right away :-)

CREATE TABLE "temp".test1
(  word character varying(255) NOT NULL,  CONSTRAINT test1_pkey PRIMARY KEY (word)
)
WITH (  OIDS=FALSE
);

I was making this select:
select  lower(w.name) from temp.test1 w

w.name should be w.word, of course... Now it shows data without parenthesis.

so, can anyone tell me what has been called in this case (w.name)?

thanks.