Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Kevin Grittner, 03.05.2011 18:09:
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Beta-von-PostgreSQL-9-1-bringt-synchrone-Replikation-1236154.html
>>
>> Interesting enough there is some discussion on the "serializable"
>> feature. It seems the real meaning of this is not understood
>> widely. Among other things there was one comment along the lines:
>> "That's the way Oracle's serializable works".
>
> The comments following that article do go pretty wild.
>
> My German is pretty rudimentary (I had to use an online translator to
> fill in a lot of blanks I didn't follow reading the German directly).
> Could one of our native speakers address these comments?

Actually the forum there is know to attract a lot of trolls, so I'm not sure if anyone there would bother reading a
soundtechnical explanation of the technology and its implementation in PostgreSQL.

I mentioned this only because I recall some discussions here on the list whether this should be pointed out as one of
themajor new features ore not.

Regards
Thomas