Re: multi-tenant vs. multi-cluster

От Ivan Voras
Тема Re: multi-tenant vs. multi-cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 18/03/2011 19:17, Ben Chobot wrote:

> if we're talking an extra 50MB of memory per cluster, that will start to add up.

Consider this: each such cluster will have:

a) its own database files on the drives (WAL, data - increasing IO)
b) its own postgresql processes (many of them) running in memory
c) its own shared_buffers in memory.

It is highly unlikely that you will manage anything decent with this
type of configuration with a non-trivial number of clusters.