Re: [GENERAL] Gripe: bytea_output default => data corruption

От ljb
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Gripe: bytea_output default => data corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
bruce@momjian.us wrote:
> Here is an updated patch, again to be backpatched to 9.0.

Getting better.

In change block 1, after PQescapeString synopsis:
Change: "does not take a Pgconn or error parameters"
    to: "does not take Pgconn or error parameters"

In change block 4, PQescapeBytea, I don't like the change.
This: "is that PQescapeBytea does not take a PGconn or error parameters"
is wrong. PQescapeByteaConn does not take an 'error' parameter either.
Also "no way to report error conditions" is wrong. It returns NULL on an
error; it just cannot return a specific error message. (Which is OK because
there is only one, unlikely error: out of memory.)

Reading the before/after text here, I don't see anything that needs
changing except for dropping the reference to single-threaded (same as for
PQescapeString). I suggest going back to the original text and just
changing:
From: "can be used safely in single-threaded client programs that work with
       only one"
  to: "can only be used safely in client programs that use a single"

(Sorry for the trouble. I should have fully commented on the first one, but
I find it hard to see the changes with these "git" diffs of SGML.)

Сообщение: Re: Change to documentation headers
Сообщение: Re: Change to documentation headers