Re: PostgreSQL Authentication and Pooling in JBoss : static 'postgres' user VS dynamic jboss user

От Lew
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Authentication and Pooling in JBoss : static 'postgres' user VS dynamic jboss user
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> Yes that's the logic. One connection pool per user.
> I find it more clever, fine grained and just better from
> many perspectives (security/auditing/diagnosis/debugging being the main ones).

Too clever by half.  What do you do with the pool when a user is logged off
for a few days, then comes back?  How many pools will you have when a thousand
users log off and another thousand log on?  How many connections will you keep
in each pool?  How will the DB engine keep up with all that?

I predict that you will get no increase in security or auditing capability
that couldn't be handled with the conventional "one user per application"
approach, and that diagnosis and debugging will be complicated in some other
way, and that you'll have performance and resource issues.

--
Lew
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Authentication and Pooling in JBoss : static 'postgres' user VS dynamic jboss user
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Authentication and Pooling in JBoss : static 'postgres' user VS dynamic jboss user