Re: 2 versions of an entity worth distinct table?

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: 2 versions of an entity worth distinct table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
gvim wrote on 27.12.2010 02:47:
> If a table representing contact details can have 2 but no more than 2
> email addresses is it really worth factoring-out email addresses to a
> separate table.

If you are absolutely sure you will never have more than two, then I agree, you don't need to create a 1:N relationship
forthat.
Especially because guaranteeing that there will never be more than two in the N part is quite complicated.

Regards
Thomas