How to achieve sustained disk performance of 1.25 GB write for 5 mins

От Eric Comeau
Тема How to achieve sustained disk performance of 1.25 GB write for 5 mins
Дата
Re: How to achieve sustained disk performance of 1.25 GB write for 5 mins  (Digimer <linux@alteeve.com>)
Re: How to achieve sustained disk performance of 1.25 GB write for 5 mins  (Lutz Steinborn <l.steinborn@4c-ag.de>)
Re: How to achieve sustained disk performance of 1.25 GB write for 5 mins  (Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>)
Re: How to achieve sustained disk performance of 1.25 GB write for 5 mins  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
This is not directly a PostgreSQL performance question but I'm hoping
some of the chaps that build high IO PostgreSQL servers on here can help.

We build file transfer acceleration s/w (and use PostgreSQL as our
database) but we need to build a test server that can handle a sustained
write throughput of 1,25 GB for 5 mins.

Why this number, because we want to push a 10 Gbps network link for 5-8
mins, 10Gbps = 1.25 GB write, and would like to drive it for 5-8 mins
which would be 400-500 GB.

Note this is just a "test" server therefore it does not need fault
tolerance.

Thanks in advance,
Eric