Re: PSQLException: The column name was not found in this ResultSet.

was not found in this ResultSet.was not found in this ResultSet.  (Samuel Gendler <sgendler@ideasculptor.com>)was not found in this ResultSet.  (Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda@truviso.com>)
От Lew
Тема Re: PSQLException: The column name
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 11/10/2010 12:27 AM, Samuel Gendler wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com
> <mailto:books@ejurka.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Mon, 8 Nov 2010, Michael Fork wrote:
>
>         Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column name
>         mdn was not found
>         in this ResultSet.
>
>         I receive the above error message when accessing the JDBC
>         resultset from multiple threads.  It does not occur
>         consistently, but roughly every 20 or 30 runs and almost
>         immediately upon invocation.  Looking at
>         org/postgresql/jdbc2/AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java it appears
>         there is a race condition around building columnNameIndexMap
>
>         I cannot confirm this, but I would guess that on thread enters,
>         has the NULL map and creates the new HashMap.  The second thread
>         enters, sees the non-NULL columnNameIndexMap, and gets to the
>         HashMap.get call prior to the first thread fully populating the
>         map.  If this is the problem, would wrapping the IF block in a
>         synchronized(this) block fix it?

IT is possible without proper synchronization for thread A to instantiate and
fully population a shared Map reference, and for thread B subsequently to see
a 'null', empty or partially populated view from that reference.

>     That looks like the correct diagnosis and fix to me.
>

> That would only be a valid fix if ResultSet is intended to be inherently
> threadsafe. I wouldn't think that is the case.  There is no mention of
> thread safety at all in the javadocs, which I would always take to imply
> that there is no implicit thread safety.  Code which utilizes a
> ResultSet should do so in a thread safe manner, rather than attempting
> to make the resultset implementation thread-safe - unless my assumptions
> about the intent of the interface designers is incorrect.

It is meaningless to talk about thread safety with respect to interfaces.

--
Lew

Сообщение: Re: PSQLException: The column name was not found in this ResultSet.
Сообщение: Re: PSQLException: The column name was not found in this ResultSet.