Re: Postgres insert performance and storage requirement compared to Oracle

От Ivan Voras
Тема Re: Postgres insert performance and storage requirement compared to Oracle
Дата
Re: Re: Postgres insert performance and storage requirement compared to Oracle  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
On 10/26/10 17:41, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Leonardo Francalanci <m_lists@yahoo.it> wrote:
>>> temp  tables are not wal logged or
>>> synced.  Periodically they can be flushed  to a permanent table.
>>

>> What do you mean with "Periodically they can be flushed  to
>> a permanent table"? Just doing
>>
>> insert into tabb select * from temptable
>>

> yup, that's exactly what I mean -- this will give you more uniform

In effect, when so much data is in temporary storage, a better option
would be to simply configure "synchronous_commit = off" (better in the
sense that the application would not need to be changed). The effects
are almost the same - in both cases transactions might be lost but the
database will survive.