Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 (x86-64) and Windows 7 (x86-64) - Unable to install

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 (x86-64) and Windows 7 (x86-64) - Unable to install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
(This is the second time I send this, as the first message apparently did not make it)

Dr. Peter Voigt, 30.09.2010 14:42:
> If there are no other users out there with comparable problems I could
> give the ZIP-installer a try under:
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgbindownload.do
> There is a file postgresql-9.0.0-1-windows_x64-binaries.zip. I did not
> yet try this because I am new to PostgreSQL.

It's actually not that hard ;)

You first need to create a "datadirectory" using "initdb.exe"
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-initdb.html

Make sure the user account under which the server will be running has full (write) access to that directory.

For me it is enough to run
initdb" -D "/path/to/datadir" --lc-messages=English -U postgres E UTF8 -A md5

> - how to start the database from the command line,
Once the data directory has been created, simply use pg_ctl:

pg_ctl -D "/path/to/datadir" start
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-pg-ctl.html

> - how to setup the PostgreSQL service from the command line,
pg_ctl -D "/path/to/your/datadir" register
(see the above link to the manual)

> - what registry entries are required.
None.

> If you can answer the above three questions (each with one sentence),
> I will immediately start installation and tests, because I hope - from
> my short but good PostgreSQL 9.0 experiences under Linux - that just
> the installer fails on my system but not the database system itself.

I have put the above statements in some very simple batch files to be able to easily repeat these steps

Regards
Thomas

От: Michele Petrazzo - Unipex
Сообщение: Re: [9.0] hot standby plus streaming replication
От: Christian Ullrich
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 (x86-64) and Windows 7 (x86-64) - Unable to install