InitDB: Bad system call

От Torsten Zühlsdorff
Тема InitDB: Bad system call
Дата
Re: InitDB: Bad system call  (Torsten Zühlsdorff <foo@meisterderspiele.de>)
Re: InitDB: Bad system call  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

i've just compiled a new Jail at my FreeBDS 7.0-STABLE machine and
trying to get PostgreSQL 9.0 Beta 4 running. Compiling etc works fine.

But when i call the initdb, i get "Bad System Call" messages. Here is
the output:

$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -d
Running in debug mode.
VERSION=9.0beta4
PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data
share_path=/usr/local/pgsql/share
PGPATH=/usr/local/pgsql/bin
POSTGRES_SUPERUSERNAME=postgres
POSTGRES_BKI=/usr/local/pgsql/share/postgres.bki
POSTGRES_DESCR=/usr/local/pgsql/share/postgres.description
POSTGRES_SHDESCR=/usr/local/pgsql/share/postgres.shdescription
POSTGRESQL_CONF_SAMPLE=/usr/local/pgsql/share/postgresql.conf.sample
PG_HBA_SAMPLE=/usr/local/pgsql/share/pg_hba.conf.sample
PG_IDENT_SAMPLE=/usr/local/pgsql/share/pg_ident.conf.sample
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to SQL_ASCII.
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
10
selecting default shared_buffers ... Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
Bad system call (core dumped)
400kB
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1 ... Bad
system call (core dumped)
child process exited with exit code 140
initdb: removing contents of data directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data"

There is no further message in /var/log/messages.

First i believed this is an error relating to SYSVSHM-, SYSVSEM-,
SYSVMSG-options or User-Id
(http://www.freebsddiary.org/jail-multiple.php). But the postgres-user
has a user-id which is not used by other postgres-instances in other
jails. And the other options are enabled in the root-instance.

I also tried to build postgres from a fresh portstree, to make sure,
that i have nothing miss-"./configure"d, but there are the same problems.

I have no clue, what the problem is. Any hints?

Thanks,
Torsten