Re: pg_dump and --inserts / --column-inserts

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: pg_dump and --inserts / --column-inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer wrote on 17.07.2010 18:29:
>> Want to do some experiments?
>
> Apparently there *is* a substiantial overhead, but I suspected the
> sending of the raw SQL literal to be a major factor here.
> (Server and JDBC program were running on the same machine)

In case any one is interested.

Out of curiosity I ran the same test with a local Oracle installation (10.2) and there the overhead is substantially
lower(for 20 columns, only 2% slower, compared to 26% with Postgres)

I can't run something equivalent to explain analyze in Oracle from within JDBC, so I could not compare those figures.
Butit seems that either the parsing overhead in Oracle is lower or the JDBC driver is more efficient...

Regards
Thomas