Re: Testing 9.0beta3 and pg_upgrade

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Testing 9.0beta3 and pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Craig Ringer, 13.07.2010 05:11:
> On 13/07/10 05:29, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
>
>> I would suggest to either manually change the autocommit mode from
>> within pg_upgrade or to add a note in the manual to disable/remove this
>> setting from psqlrc.conf before running pg_upgrade. Personally I think
>> the first option would be the better one.
>
> Should pg_upgrade be reading psqlrc at all? There are bound to be all
> sorts of exciting issues that psqlrc settings can create.

I interpret the error message such that pg_upgrade _calls_ (i.e spawns) psql to run the CREATE DATABASE command. If
thatis true, probably the easiest solution would be to run psql using the -X switch.

Regards
Thomas

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: Redundant database objects.
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Redundant database objects.