Re: raid10 write performance

От: Ivan Voras
Тема: Re: raid10 write performance
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

raid10 write performance  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
 Re: raid10 write performance  (Justin Graf, )
  Re: raid10 write performance  (Karl Denninger, )
   Re: raid10 write performance  (Dave Crooke, )
   Re: raid10 write performance  (Scott Carey, )
 Re: raid10 write performance  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: raid10 write performance  (Ivan Voras, )
   Re: raid10 write performance  (Florian Weimer, )
    Re: raid10 write performance  (Ivan Voras, )
     Re: raid10 write performance  (Matthew Wakeling, )
     Re: raid10 write performance  (Scott Marlowe, )

On 06/23/10 14:00, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Ivan Voras:
>
>> On the other hand, RAID10 is simple enough that soft-RAID
>> implementations should be more than adequate - any ideas why a dedicated
>> card has it "slow"?
>
> Barrier support on RAID10 seems to require some smallish amount of
> non-volatile storage which supports a high number of write operations
> per second, so a software-only solution might not be available.

If I understand you correctly, this can be said in general for all
spinning-disk usage and is not specific to RAID10. (And in the case of
high, constant TPS, no amount of NVRAM will help you).

Сообщение: Re: Aggressive autovacuuming ?
Сообщение: Re: Aggressive autovacuuming ?