Re: How to insert a bulk of data with unique-violations very fast

От Torsten Zühlsdorff
Тема Re: How to insert a bulk of data with unique-violations very fast
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Pierre C schrieb:

>> Within the data to import most rows have 20 till 50 duplicates.
>> Sometime much more, sometimes less.
>
> In that case (source data has lots of redundancy), after importing the
> data chunks in parallel, you can run a first pass of de-duplication on
> the chunks, also in parallel, something like :
>
> CREATE TEMP TABLE foo_1_dedup AS SELECT DISTINCT * FROM foo_1;
>
> or you could compute some aggregates, counts, etc. Same as before, no
> WAL needed, and you can use all your cores in parallel.
>
>  From what you say this should reduce the size of your imported data by
> a lot (and hence the time spent in the non-parallel operation).

Thank you very much for this advice. I've tried it inanother project
with similar import-problems. This really speed the import up.

Thank everyone for your time and help!

Greetings,
Torsten
--
http://www.dddbl.de - ein Datenbank-Layer, der die Arbeit mit 8
verschiedenen Datenbanksystemen abstrahiert,

Сообщение: Re: How to insert a bulk of data with unique-violations very fast
Сообщение: Re: How to insert a bulk of data with unique-violations very fast