Re: Cognitive dissonance

От Torsten Zühlsdorff
Тема Re: Cognitive dissonance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Brian Modra schrieb:

> Personally I like to use html docs, and it would be good if the
> documentation were downloadable from the postgresql website in other
> formats, for convenience...
>
> But, what I use is this, which works pretty well:
>
> (e.g. to get the 8.1 dosc)
>
> mkdir postgresql
> cd postgresql
> wget -r -nH -l 10 -k -np
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/index.html
>
> ... then after it all downloads:
>
> open the file docs/8.1/interactive/index.html
> in your web browser.
>
> e.g.
> links docs/8.1/interactive/index.html
>

> HTML is "text", so you can search using grep e.g.
> grep -r "ALTER TABLE .* ADD COLUMN" docs/8.1

Thats the way i do too. A huge pdf is often not very helpful. In my
personal case i programm often in a train, using my laptop. Searching a
PDF with more than 1.000 pages really hits my battery. With html-files i
could preselect the items to search.
Also it's possible to import the html-files in a postgres-db and using
fulltext-search. ;)

Greetings,
Torsten
--
http://www.dddbl.de - ein Datenbank-Layer, der die Arbeit mit 8
verschiedenen Datenbanksystemen abstrahiert,