Re: JDBC Driver and timezones

От Lew
Тема Re: JDBC Driver and timezones
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka

On 05/19/2010 06:43 AM, John Lister wrote:
> Hi, I spotted an issue regarding Daylight savings and timezones a while
> ago that affected UK times so it may be possible that it does the same
> in German ones. From memory - essentially the driver uses the epoch date
> to work out DST which unfortunately coincides with a year (1970) when
> the UK temporarily changed its DST rules.

This issue came up in pgsql.interfaces.jdbc and it seemed worth bringing into
the wider Java world since it's not Postgres-specific.  The problem is that
java.sql.Time values are date-agnostic so might not reflect the intended DST
offset when referencing times relevant to "now".

This might be worth a bug report, or perhaps the problem is intractable and
requires the explicit workaround that the database folks find they must use.
Perhaps the new date/time libraries will address this somehow.

Opinions or assessments?

--
Lew

Сообщение: Re: Using java.lang.Character for "char" data type
Сообщение: Re: Using java.lang.Character for "char" data type