How to get localized to_char(DATE) output

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема How to get localized to_char(DATE) output
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I'm trying to get the output of the to_char(date, text) method in German but I can't get it to work:

My understanding is, that I need to set lc_time for the session in order to change the language used by to_char(), but
thisdoes not seem to work for me:

postgres=> select version();                           version
------------------------------------------------------------- PostgreSQL 8.4.3, compiled by Visual C++ build 1400,
32-bit
(1 Zeile)

postgres=> select to_char(current_date, 'Mon'); to_char
--------- May
(1 Zeile)

postgres=> set lc_time = 'German';
SET
postgres=> select to_char(current_date, 'Mon'); to_char
(1 Zeile)

postgres=>

Postgres' messages are in German, but not the output of to_char()

After changing lc_time to 'German' I would have expected 'Mai' instead of 'May'

What am I mising?

Regards
Thomas

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: