Re: Connection Pooling

От Lew
Тема Re: Connection Pooling
Дата
Список pgsql-general

David Kerr wrote:
> It looks like both of those solutions require a coding change. I'm
> hoping for a middleware solution similar to pgpool/pgbouncer.

How's that?

If JDBC has its own connection pooling and you're already using JDBC, voilà!
no change needed, right?

If you're using a DataSource for JDBC, then it's a configuration change, not a
code change, to switch to different databases, including to a different brand
like Oracle instead of PG, never mind to switch between a pooled or unpooled
connection.

Most app servers, including Tomcat, provide DBCP inbuilt with no further
effort on the programmer's or even the deployer's part.

So to what coding changes do you refer?

--
Lew