Re: "1-Click" installer problems

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: "1-Click" installer problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Craig Ringer, 01.04.2010 09:24:
>> I do not like the installer's suggestion to put the data directory into
>> c:\Program Files either, I think this should default to %APPDATA%
>
> That seems fairly sensible *IF* it checks very carefully to make sure
> the postgresql user does not have a roaming profile, ie they're a local
> user not a domain user.

I think the installer should simply not "suggest" any directory, but force the user to select one manually (maybe even
activleyprevent c:\Program Files). I don't know if this is possible (or how hard it would be) but I think a very useful
featurefor the installer would be to try to check the permissions that the service account has on the chosen data
directory.

> If the datadir was put in an account with roaming profiles enabled,
> Windows would try to sync the datadir to and from the profile share on
> the server at every user login/logout.

Ah, didn't think of that one.

>such as a virus scanner or some funky option.

True.
In the german Postgres forum there are several posts regarding that topic.

It seems that especially Norton and the Windows built-in Antivirus do not work well with Postgres.
Personally I have no problems with Sophos and Avira

Thomas

Сообщение: Re: Prevent users to drop triggers applied on table
Сообщение: Re: Prevent users to drop triggers applied on table