Re: Help : insert a bytea data into new table

От dennis
Тема Re: Help : insert a bytea data into new table
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
here is example

table name is "mail":
column    |   type
-------------------------
sender    |char
subject   |char
content   |bytea

I want copy some record into new table 'mail_new'.

sql:
create table mail_new as select * from mail sender='dennis'

result has an error:
operator does not exist: text || bytea

But if my sql statement has no column "content"
the sql works.
sql:
create table mail_new as select sender,subject from mail sender='dennis'

Ben Morrow 提到:
> Quoth dennis <dennis@teltel.com>:
>>     I need to copy some data to new table.
>> But I encounter some error message.
>> the table structure
>> Table A:
>>   c1  char
>>   c2  bytea
>>
>> Table B:
>>   c1  char
>>   c2  bytea
>>

>> My sql command:
>> insert into B as select * from a where c1=xxx
>
> 'AS' isn't valid there. What is xxx? Is it a field you haven't shown us,
> or is it a quoted string?
>
>> error:
>> operator does not exist: text || bytea
>
> That command (with 'xxx' quoted and the AS removed) doesn't give that
> error with those table definitions, so you will need to show us your
> actual query.
>
> Ben

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: