Re: GROUP BY column alias?

От Lew
Тема Re: GROUP BY column alias?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Eric B. Ridge wrote:
> That explains it.  Thanks.  Breaks the rule of least surprise, but it is SQL.

I don't think it does break the rule of least surprise.  How would one expect
the column or the alias to have precedence without knowledge of the rule from
documentation?  The only thing I would expect if I were unaware of the rule is
that there might be a conflict and that I'd have to look up the precedence.

--
Lew