Per-function configuration parameters loss

От Dmitry Samokhin
Тема Per-function configuration parameters loss
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
When any server configuration parameters (or variables) are set on a
per-function basis, the script displayed in the pgAdmin SQL pane looks like
this:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION ... ;
ALTER FUNCTION ... SET ...;

If then I edit the function body and save my work, all variables are lost,
since (it can be cheked easily) pgAdmin does not generate neither SET option
in the CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION command nor separate ALTER FUNCTION ...
SET ... one.

This is critical since for security reasons functions with the SECURITY
DEFINER option should contain appropriate 'search_path' variable setting.
And now a DB developer/admin has to double-check per-function variables when
editing functions using pgAdmin.

Regards,
Dmitry.

P.S. For 8.3 backend or later pgAdmin might generate the SET option within
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION command for the SQL pane.