Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...

От Johan Nel
Тема Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Rob,

InterRob wrote:

> If you think so, then I we do in fact agree on that... Still, however,
> implementing this transparently (that is: back-end/server side; using
> VIEWs, is the only way I can think of) is a major challenge.
> Implementing the use of USER DEFINED additional fields within a certain
> application (front-end / client side) is much more easy...

As I indicated in another mail.  I use this exact same priciple.  Have to
agree if trying to write backend stuff, you running into troubles.  Easier
to manage through front-end application.

If you want some more details, let me know, exactly what I am using for
all my front-end applications.

Regards,

Johan Nel
Pretoria, South Africa.