Re: Hibernate, web application and only one sequence for all primary keys

От Lew
Тема Re: Hibernate, web application and only one sequence for all primary keys
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
rawi wrote:
> Grails/Hibernate wishes per default one sequence for all tables-PKs and all
> PKs as BigInt.

How is that a Hibernate default?

Hibernate lets you define a multitude of types as a primary key, and the
sequence each uses is a matter of XML or annotation configuration, at least in
the Java version of Hibernate which is the only form of it that I've used.
I've used both "old-fashioned" Hibernate with *.hbm.xml mapping descriptors,
and the new-fangled JPA (Java Persistence API) version.

I've used Hibernate with String and (long) integer key types, sequenced and
not.  For my learning, I use a system on Linux with Java and PostgreSQL.  It
works just fine.

I'm not familiar with Grails.

--
Lew